We are regularly exposed to the elements, pollutants and dirt from the environment. That, combined with a poor diet and bad skincare habits (like sleeping with your makeup on) can wreak havoc on not just your skin but your health, and this is why it’s important to eliminate these toxins from our bodies, and here’s a few methods you can try:
- Drink a glass of lemon water each morning to cleanse your colons and flush out toxins from your system. Apart from the religious knowledge that water is good for you and aids digestion, lemon water when taken each morning will not only clear up your complexion but will also promote healing and help balance up your PH level.
- Choose natural products- Most cosmetics are filled with harsh chemicals and toxins that can seep into your bloodstream which is where we come in! With our range of all-natural cosmetics, you won’t ever have to worry about adverse, potentially harmful side effect. Our French Green Clay & Lavender Detoxifying Face Mask is perfect for eliminating toxins, dirt, excess oils and impurities in your pores and promote healing.
- Spend time in the sauna – Spending 10-15 mins a week in a sauna helps you in more ways than you can imagine. Not only does the deep, penetrating heat help your body detoxify heavy metals and toxins, but it also boosts your immune system and can even help you look more radiant.
- Epsom salt bath – Soaking up in an Epsom salt bath will help remove harmful toxins in the skin through the pores, help you relax and balance your body.
- Exercise- Exercising doesn’t only have one benefit as most people seem to believe which is to lose weight, but has diverse benefits one of them being to get rid of toxins in the body as you work up a good sweat.
Are they any other things you do to detox? Let us know below.
Written by Nkem Ahanor